MyBGSU BGSU Email Directory Search Academics Admissions The Arts Athletics Library A to Z Links Bowling Green State University
Online Programs at BGSU
How do I learn?
Online learning is much more than simply reading facts and regurgitating information back to the instructor. No, online learning is dynamic, interactive, and collaborative as students have the ability to work in groups and actively participate in real-time and asynchronous discussion with their instructor and classmates. In addition, the online format is conducive to meeting students' multiple learning styles through the delivery of various media such as the written word, audio, graphics, video, and animation. All a person needs to begin this online educational adventure with others is a computer and internet connection.
What do I need to succeed?
For a student to be successful in the online environment, he/she must be self-disciplined and willing to interact with classmates and the instructor regularly. Your Instructor will do everything possible to answer all questions and make sure that you are in position to succeed.
Use the following resources to assist you at BGSU:
- BGSU Library - Search electronic journals, periodicals, books, magazines, and even contact a librarian all online with BGSU's online library.
- BGSU Bookstore- Buy books online through BGSU's online bookstore.
- Blackboard FAQ's for Students - This link will provide answers to common questions, instructions for completing basic tasks, and other pieces of information to help you become familiar with taking an online course.
- My BGSU Portal Self Help Pages -This link will provide information regarding the MyBGSU Portal at BGSU. There are links to documents and websites to assist you with any questions pertaining to MyBGSU.
- An Online Course Experience - Get the BIG picture of what an online course entails.
- Save $$ - Check out this distance learning calculator - See how much $$ DL may save you.