Created at BGSU in response to demands from quality professionals, the quality systems graduate certificate (QSGC) reflects the American Society for Quality continuous improvement mission based on disciplined analysis of systems in various technical and non-technical environments. This prepares professionals in quality systems in organizations via quality engineering, services, management, training and others.
Process analysis for reduction in variation of product and providing high quality consistently with no defects, is the goal. This includes preparation for management and facilitation of lean, six sigma, ISO/QS 9000 standards registration and maintenance functions and new product launch changes for advanced product quality planning (APQP).
All work done in quality systems courses is team-based in a project context similar to how quality improvement is pursued in actual professional functions. The curriculum is also designed to facilitate project based course work via an applied research emphasis. All courses utilize distance technology for electronic delivery at the convenience of working adults as well as traditional students.
The QS Graduate Certificate features the following advantages for prospective students:
- Graduates may qualify for high demand technical and scientific positions to help them achieve fulfilling professional goals and advance their careers.
- Having a technologically-based certificate can allow for advancement either in their current positions or in different positions and organizations.
- Certification in Quality Systems is recognized and sought after by many organizations.
- The QS Graduate Certificate is well associated with the American Society for Quality (ASQ) to provide opportunities for professional growth.
- Most courses in the degree use real-world, team-based, continuous improvement projects as key parts of the base for teaching and learning.
Who should consider this certificate?The Quality Systems Graduate Certificate serves various learners, particularly non- traditional, full-time working professionals from various locations and currently working in the quality field, and who possess a BS degree but those who may not currently want to pursue the total graduate degree program in Quality Systems.